Resistance Books is the book publishing project of Socialist Resistance. Visit http://resistancebooks.org/ to buy the books we’ve published, and visit http://www.amazon.co.uk/shops/resistance_books to buy our secondhand books.
You can order Resistance Press books from us directly, or from any bookstore. Just note down the ISBN, title and lead contributor’s name and give it to your bookseller. We have volume discounts for bookshops and progressive organisations: Contact us to find out more.
Some of our best-selling books are listed below, but for the full list please visit http://resistancebooks.org/
- 9780902869783, Revolution and Counterrevolution in Europe From 1918 to 1968, Frank, Pierre
- 9780902869769, Ireland’s Credit Crunch, Keating, Kevin
- 9780902869806, The Long March of the Trotskyists Contributions to the history of the Fourth International, Frank, Pierre
- 9780902869790 , Women’s Liberation & Socialist Revolution Documents of the Fourth International, Duggan, Penelope
- 9780902869776, October Readings: the development of the concept of Permanent Revolution, O’Connor Lysaght, D Rayner
- 9780902869813, Building Unity Against Fascism: Classic Marxist Writings, Trotsky, Leon
- 9780902869868 Strategies of Resistance & ‘Who Are the Trotskyists?’ Daniel Bensaïd
- 978-0902869875 The Global Fight for Climate Justice – Anticapitalist Responses to Global Warming and Environmental Destruction Ian Angus
- 9780902869844 Socialists and the Capitalist Recession & ‘The Basic Ideas of Karl Marx’ Mandel, Ernest
- 9780902869851 My Life Under White Supremacy and in Exile Nikani, Leonard
- 9780906378021 Cuba at Sea Ridenour, Ron
- 9780902869882 Ecosocialism or Barbarism – Expanded Second Edition Kelly, Jane
- 9780902869899 Respect: Documents of the crisis Galloway, George
- 9780902869905 l’intervention soviétique en Afghanistan (1979) – Les Cahiers du crabe Gouas, Anthony
- 9780902869936 Foundations of Christianity: A study in Christian origins Kautsky, Karl
- 9780902869943 Take the Power to Change the World: globalisation and the debate on power Hearse, Phil
- 9780902869929 The Permanent Revolution & Results and Prospects Trotsky, Leon D
- 9780902869950 Cuba: Beyond the Crossroads. New Expanded Edition Ridenour, Ron
- 9780902869967 MIDDLE EAST: war, imperialism, and ecology. Achcar, Gilbert
- 0902869973 Ecosocialism or Barbarism Kelly, Jane
- 0902869981 Cuba: Beyond the Crossroads Ridenour, Ron
- 9780902869998 It’s never too late to love or rebel Hart, Celia
We also sell books and pamphets that others have published. Visit http://www.amazon.co.uk/shops/resistance_books see the full list. The bestsellers are listed below.
- From Militancy to Marxism: Personal and Political Account of Organizing Carworkers, Alan Thornett’s first volume of biography describes his work in the militant Cowley Assembly Plant from 1959 to 1974, a period of outstanding struggle. In 1963 Alan was elected as shop steward for the plant’s transport drivers and in 1967, as a member of the Trotskyist SLL, as deputy TGWU convenor (a full-time position) in 1967.
- The 33 Day War: Israel’s War on Hezbollah in Lebanon and Its Aftermath, Gilbert Achcar
- The Fallacies of State Capitalism. This 1991 debate between Chris Harman, of the SWP, and Ernest Mandel, a leader of the Fourth International, discusses whether the USSR was capitalist. Written in the wake of Glasnost and Perestrokia, Mandel argues against Harman’s view that “the move from the command economy to the market is neither a step forward nor a step backwards, but a step sideways, from one way of organising capitalist exploitation to another.”
- The Real Venezuela: Making Socialism in the 21st Century, Iain Bruce
- Cuba: radical face of Stalinism. Written just prior to the start of the rectification period in 1986, John Lister’s book explains the impact of Stalinism on the Castroist leadership. “One very useful and detailed account of the development of the Cuban revolution” – Marxism Bulletin.
- The Porto Alegre alternative. Brazilian socialists André Passos Cordeiro, Ubiratan de Souza, Pepe Vargas, Raul Pont and João Machado describe in The Porto Alegre Alternative how Porto Alegre’s participatory budget was born, how it works, how it developed in interaction with popular movements and spread with local Workers’ Party (PT) victories, and how it has staked out new ground in promising a radically democratic alternative in the interests of the poor to top-down political and economic decision-making.
All our books are printed on archive-quality acid-free paper. Most are demy octavo, the regular paperback size. Karl Kautsky’s book is textbook sized (Crown Octavo).
We welcome readers’ suggestions for ways that we improve our books and their distribution. We especially value suggestions for additional volumes we can reprint or publish.