We face the biggest attack in a generation on the jobs, public services, the NHS, education, benefits, pensions, trade union and employment rights. The corporations, banks and super rich who caused the crisis continue to get richer while avoiding paying millions in tax. Across Europe government policies of austerity have unleashed misery, mass unemployment and poverty on ordinary people.
At the conference every part of the fight against austerity will be discussed – international solidarity and co-ordination, building strong local anti-cuts organisation, working with trade unions and national and community campaigns plus the next steps for the Coalition of Resistance. We will also have reports from trade unionists after the TUC’s decision to look at the practicalities of a general strike in Britain.
Coalition of Resistance National Conference 2012
10:30am – 4:30pm, Sunday 2 December
128 Theobald’s Road
Registration fee: £5 / £3 concessions
10:30am – 11am – Registration
11am – 12:30pm – Crisis in the Eurozone, Crisis in the UK
12:30pm – 1pm – Lunch
1pm – 2:30pm – Organising to fight the cuts in 2013
2:30pm-2:45pm – Break
2:45pm – 4pm – Next steps for Coalition of Resistance (People’s Assembly, Elections, National Council)
– Affiliated organisations can send delegates: 4 delegates from national or large organisations / 2 delegates from local anti-cuts groups or union branches. Ensure you have paid your 2012/13 affiliation fee.
– Individual members of Coalition of Resistance can attend as a delegate. Members are anyone who pays monthly by standing order to Coalition of Resistance or who pay the annual fee. New members can join on the day.
– Affiliated organisations can submit 1 resolution to be debated on conference floor. Deadline for resolutions: Monday 26 November. Resolutions will be sent out a few days before conference.
– A new National Council will be elected at conference which meets quarterly. All affiliated organisations are entitled to 1 delegate on the National Council and 50 individual members will be elected at conference / AGM. Nominations for national council must be received by Friday 30 November.
– Send nominations and resolutions to email@example.com
Coalition of Resistance officer positions:
Secretary, Chair, 2 Vice Chairs and Treasurer will be elected at conference. Nominations must be received by Friday 30 November.
Nominations for officer posts must have a proposer and seconder who are members of Coalition of Resistance or are members of an affiliated organisation of Coalition of Resistance.
To register now click here.