Add to Calendar
26th August 2018 @ 10:00 am – 7:00 pm
Ladbroke Grove, London W10
Stand Up to Racism, National Education Union
Love Music Hate Racism (LMHR) and the National Education Union (NEU) will be running a float with the Smokey Joe Roadshow on both days of the Notting Hill Carnival; Sunday 26th (T-shirt Day) and Monday 27th (Masquerade aka costume Day).
Carnival began as a celebration of culture to unite the area against racist attacks and our slogan is to ‘party with a purpose’. We want as many people as possible wearing LMHR T-shirts in the precession behind the truck.
On both days from 10 am till midday we will load in behind the Smokey Joe Roadshow truck on the route at Ladbroke Grove (the exact location is yet to be announced and will be released closer to the date), then the procession will set off.
We will dance and walk our way through the route until the event finishes approximately around 7pm, so it’s important that you are fit and in good health to participate as they’re long days.
You can book your T-shirt or costume to join us on the float:
- On Eventbrite (this includes booking fees) or
- Head to the Soca Lounge at The Tabernacle W11 (the hub of Notting Hill Carnival), on the evening of 22nd August
More details will be sent out to those who buy T-shirts but here’s a summary:
- It’s an all-day event on both days from approx. 10 am to 7 pm.
- Refreshments can be provided at a small cost beforehand.
- You can come for one or both days.
- If you can volunteer for 1 hour during the day it would be a major help.
- The main collection day for T shirts where we will also customize them is Wednesday 22 August.