Do you want to find out more about socialism, feminism and environmentalism?
That’s what the Fourth International’s annual youth camp in near Otranto in the south of Italy is all about.
In a week in the sun with hundreds of young workers, students and campaigners from across Europe you’ll have the chance to:
- join meetings, workshops, self-organised spaces
- discuss socialism, feminism, anti-racism, LGBTI struggles, climate change, internationalism and the fight against austerity
- make friends, have fun,
- meet leaders of campaigns that rarely make it into the mass media
- talk culture and communication
- socialise, share experiences, debate ideas and plan joint actions
This is a unique opportunity for young activists from Britain to meet with other environmentalists, feminists and socialists.
The groups which went to our last couple of gatherings had Labour Party members, activists from the National Campaign Against Fees and Cuts (NCAFC), Plan C and the Woodcraft Folk.
If your politics are somewhere around there you’ll love the camp.
Socialist Resistance (SR) will be bringing a delegation from Britain. The camp is organised by young people in the Fourth International, a socialist network which SR supports, and which brings together environmentalists, feminists and socialists in about eighty countries.
You will need a tent and a sleeping bag. The cost for the week, including food is estimated to be £120 plus travel to Otranto.
Much of the site is accessible but if you have access needs please contact us to discuss them.
If you are already in an organisation, ask it to contact us to discuss sending people.
If you want copies of our post card to publicise the camp to others email us at: firstname.lastname@example.org
Find out more about the Fourth International at http://www.internationalviewpoint.org/
Help fund the FI youth camp – £5,000 financial appeal
The Fourth International’s annual youth camp for young environmentalists, feminists and socialists who want to discuss changing the world will be held in southern Italy at the end of July.
There is already a lot of interest in joining our delegation both from people who have been to the camp before and from new activists. And if you can help us get the word out further on the anti-Trump protests and other events you are going to email us at email@example.com to ask us to send you cards.
Some of the young people wanting to go, however, will need financial assistance. The only reasonable way to get there will unfortunately be to fly at least most of the way – we are still investigating the best options – but at any rate it will be more expensive than the last couple of years where the delegation has gone by coach.
Young people are one of the groups worst hit by austerity so many will need our support. We have therefore launched a £5,000 financial appeal in order to give them the assistance they need.
Can you help?
Please give generously.
You can pay
- By making a bank transfer to Socialist Outlook 080228 70935370 and send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org saying you have made a donation for the camp
- By Paypal to email@example.com : ( please state that this is for the Youth Camp appeal)
- or by sending a cheque to PO Box 62732 London SW2 9GQ marked Youth Camp appeal