Both are timely. In 2007, French fascist Le Pen won almost four million votes. In 2009 the British National Party won almost a million votes while Germany’s fascist NPD won over 750,000. In 2010, fascist-led organisations like the Engish Defence League and Italy’s Future and Freedom party emerged. To help activists understand this twenty-first century wave of fascism, this book gathers together the most important analyses from the 20th century. Based on a successful first printing by Socialist Resistance, this expanded second printing includes an introduction by IIRE co-director Marijke Colle.
In “Building unity against fascism” you can read:
- German socialist Clara Zetkin, Bolshevik leader Karl Radek and Italian communist Antonio Gramsci on the birth on fascism in the early 1920s
- Leon Trotsky’s article, including “Fascism: What It Is and How To Fight It”, explaining why neither capitalist nor Stalinist parties were able to stop fascism in Italy, Germany and Spain in the 1930s.
- Maurice Spector’s detailed analysis of German fascism in power
- Daniel Guérin’s 1939 “Fascism and Big Business” and his 1945 preface to its French edition
- Ted Grant’s booklet, “The Menace of Fascism”, which discussed British fascism, the second World War and the Jewish community in Britain
- Analysis by Felix Morrow, James P Cannon and Farrell Dobbs of the rise and fall of fascist organisations in the USA in the 20th century.
To order the book, go to Paypal.com and click on ‘Send Money’. Send the payment to our email address firstname.lastname@example.org and remember to include your address and mention the book you want. Feel free to order other Notebooks at the same time. The cost, including postage and sales tax, is £6 in Britain, €12 elsewhere in the European Union or €15 in the rest of the world.